Bird Expo 2021 ミ(。・ө・。)ミ

 Hi Hi!

I recently got to volunteer at a Parrot Expo!
I would love to show you photos from the two days I worked!


[A little background though..]

My previous experience with birds and parrots was pretty limited.
In the past couple years I have been extremely interested in animal science
and education!

I think It stemmed from working at a small mom n'
pop pet store back in 2017.
I asked a lot of care and animal related questions to my co-workers and there was A LOT they did not seem to know!
But what bothered me the most was they had
no curiosity to find out or know more.
After that, I began doing a lot of domestic pet research.
I wanted to help people and be knowledgeable but also it was fun and I was always learning something new!
[I think my brain was also good at retaining it for some reason]


Eventually I had a pretty good grasp of hamster care, rabbit care,
tarantula care, and mostly reptile care.
[ I didn't have my pet lizard at this time
but this is what peaked a lot of my research]

Over the years, I felt over-all pretty knowledgeable but one thing I
still didn't know much about was birds.

I got these on ad off periods where I would watch so much bird/parrot
related content - Care videos, day-in the life of videos, and nature videos.

I  would also go to local pet shops that had birds or one of my
local zoo's that had bird breeding/protection programs.

In the last few years I have volunteered at reptile related events
and even got my own lizard (a Blue Tongue Skink)

But I still only had minimal bird encounters and had only held a bird a small handful of time

BUT AFTER LAST WEEKEND

I am a pro
[Not yet.]

But I held more birds in one weekend than I have my whole life.
I loved being around them so much! So many different personalities and
types were there! I also got pretty used to the very loud squawking.

[The Military Macaws were the loudest imo]

I hope you enjoy a handful of photos that I took at the expo!


DAY 1
⊹⋛⋋( ՞ਊ ՞)⋌⋚⊹


[ Cherry-Headed Conure ]


[Male Eclectus Parrot]


[ I can't remember the Macaw Type..sorry! ]

  

[Green Macaw - ??? idr which kind] ╮(╯∀╰)╭

["Ruby" - Female Eclectus Parrot]

 
[ Gray Indian Ring Neck ]


[ Blue and Yellow Macaw ]

[ "Gabbie" - Panama Amazon ]

 
 
[ Me & "Max" the Moluccan Cockatoo ]



 

I got some major cuddles in with "Pepper"
the Umbrella Cockatoo!
[ My #1 Fav bird of all time ❤ ]

He was seriously so cute and I think I cuddled him
for up to an hour. He kept twisting his head upside down and
looking up at me with the sweetest face! BIG BABY!
❤ m(இдஇ; )

[ "Charlie" - Umbrella Cockatoo ]

[ The most commitment I've ever seen!!!
A person in a Macaw suit holding a Macaw next to a Macaw statue ]

 
[ All the vendor goodies! ]
 
 
DAY 2
⊹⋛⋋( ՞ਊ ՞)⋌⋚⊹

 

 

So this is Gabbie again who, on Day 2, basically became
my best friend for the day ww!

Day 1 she slept half the day and wasnt really interested in anyone.
But I was surprised when she stepped up to me on the second day!

She came right up to my shoulder and never really left.
I tried to give her a break and put her back on her stand but she wouldn't budge.
If other people or staff tried to get her off, she would bite them.

I basically had he on me all day and I didn't mind what-so-ever!
\(*T▽T*)/



She was very cute and would thread out strands of my hair and would
chew at my mask! I kept trying to get her to stop but
she was pretty stubborn ww!

I found out from her owner that she doesn't like masks because she likes
seeing peoples mouths so she can mimic better!

She did end up breaking my mask off though..


[ Check my Instagram if you want to see videos of this and the other birds! I'll be posting it soon!] 



She actually got a little naughty and gave me a good bite.
I was holding up my phone to show someone something on it, and
she just casually waltzed up my arm and bit my forearm.
Im pretty sure she saw me being distracted from the phone and bit me to
tell me to stop www! I ended up putting her in a mini time out!

Only to come stand by her after and watch her climb over to me
and right back onto my shoulder on her own.
(´;3 ;`)

 
Even 4 days later there was actually a bruise and it s
till kind of hurt a bit www!
I forgive her though and miss her so much!

 
[ Two Nanday Parakeet .. I think]

 
 Outside the expo was a BBQ vendor who was
there all weekend! But I didn't try any until the second day..

I told them I couldn't decide between the smoked Fajitas
or the Mac-and-Cheese, so they offered to put meat on my
Mac-and-cheese. So yeah I did that and it was so amazing...



There's a lot more of the expo I wish I had time to see,
especially to read about all the educational facts and trivia.


 
I hope you enjoyed reading and seeing my birb
pic spam! Let me know if you like this content or not.
I know its not "gyaru related" but it was a very fun time and
I wanted to share it with y'all! 

 
Bye bye!

♪ ♫ ♬ є(・Θ・。)э



3 comments:

  1. Aww all of these birds are so cute!! I would die for Pepper 🥺💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg so cute <3 I really love birds, especially parrots, they're such amazing and intelligent creatures! This looked so fun!! Thank u for sharing C:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love birbs!!! All of these are adorable!!!! I actually have a friend that also goes to Bird Expo. One of these days I would love to go. All these babies are too cute~
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydreamblog.com

    ReplyDelete

✩ Popular Posts ✩