Leveling Up ⇧ in Gyaru Fashion + Lifestyle ヽ(^◇^*)/

 Hi hi!

Recently I feel as though myself, and others in the gaijin gyaru
community have been what I would like to call
"Leveling Up"
in their gyaru fashion journey.


This is especially apparent in our overall look, our improvement with an area we feel we struggle in, and in some lifestyle items
that make us feel more beneficial to feeling and living Gal!

 

I would like to show you some of my recent looks and what I
attempted to improve on with each one.
I will also mention If I felt successful in what I was trying to accomplish
or if I think I still need improvement and in what aspect!

I hope you enjoy and find this helpful!

Before we begin, I would love to share something that was a huge
inspiration to me and what motivated me to get better!

Hannah , Sei ,and Chris from the J-fashion community collaborated on
creating something called the Gal-O-Meter.
Inspired by one that was created for other J-fashions!

 

 I feel that, instead of me making sure my others areas were still stronger than the areas im weaker in,  I instead became super motivated to imporve in the areas I feel weak in too!

This included getting more wigs, extensions,
and upgrading my tanning bed!

Id like to share some examles of my motivation
and how I feel I've leveled up!
 
 

My recent "Level Up" co*des!

 
 
Goal / Inspiration: 2012 Black Diamond Tsuyome - Sujimori hair
I wanted to learn how to tease better and I was curious to see how I look with
green hair! I also wanted to incorporate a balance of dramatic and casual eyeshape - "medium" size??


Accomplished?: I dot feel I really learned a lot about how to tease hair after I went ham on a wig. If you feel like your holding back and want to get better at hair,
I recommend wig practice!
**There will be a difference with synthetic wigs from actual hair texture**

Anything to change?: There's a few things I would like to add to the wig like straightening and thinning the tips of the hair! I also would have liked to have some OTT nails to match!



 
Goal / Inspiration: I wore this filming a para para routine!
It was my goal to wear something bright and colorful! I attempted a curled up do
for practice and styled with a cute head-piece I made a long time ago for a cosplay ww!
I also liked this eye shape on me and the new lower lashes I just got!

 
Accomplished / Anything to change?:
Ive noticed when I did this look that when I curl the longer parts of my hair, the
curl doesn't hold very well. Talking to some vet gals,
I found out that I either need more texture that the hair isn't as
heavy or I should get some hair extensions to curl.
[The curled extensions are on their way... ╰(◡‿◡✿╰) ]


 
Goals / Inspiration: I wanted to do some more kogal outfits and one of my havorite looks is
extreme hair with a neutral tones kogal fit! I recently ordered some long hair extensions and
wanted to see how they looked in a kogal fit! 

 Accomplished / Anything to change?:
I think I did accomplish the look over-all but I do feel something is missing.
It could easily be the lack of OTT nails but I think there is another
element missing and I'm still trying to figure it out.
I think my natural hair was a little dirty when I tried them on so maybe
it didn't blend as well. Regardless, I cant wait to incorporate these extensions more! 
。(✿‿✿)。

 



 Goals / Inspiration: I recently ordered a silver wig online and wanted to do a co*de
based around it! I wasn't sure what style of make to try so during a VC night in the 109 discord, Lyon suggested I try Gahekos make! So I tried her make and a overall dia core look you would see something like Black Diamond would wear in 2012. 

 Accomplished / Anything to change?:
Gahekos makeup was very interesting to try but im not sure if its completely for me!
I think I really like how her inner-corner looks but im not
sure If I like the droop style on me.
I love love loved the silver wig and other gals started bullying me into silver hair now www!!
I think i REALLY love it too! I think maybe I would
try next time to use different boots or leg warmers.
Im not sure, I love this look so so much and
I think maybe some OTT nails would just be that final cherry on top!

Feel free to let me know what you think about any of my looks!
Concrit and feedback is always welcome!


 ✿

There are some other gals in the comm who I noticed have
shown major improvement or who have tried to get better in specific areas.
I would love to highlight these gals and what they have accomplished!

 

 

Sei 

Recently I have been seeing so many amazing looks from Sei!
From her versatile eyeshapes to her super fun hair colors and hair styles.
Something that really stood out to me was a recent up-do she did!

I asked Sei what her motivation/goal was that she had in mind for this look,
and if she feels she accomplished anything.


Sei told me,
"I was tyring to go bigger on hair because I opted to not go
towards the typical style you would with that top (denim shorts, belt, typical dia cool style).
Instead, I wanted to make the outfit feel more feminine and mature but still keep that dia cool feel"


Similar to the pompadour type sujimori sets you see on Oraora Gals!

I think Sei really accomplished this and it really stood out!
When you've been doing gal for so long like Sei, Its encouraging to see someone experienced want to change things up and keep it even more over the top!

Please visit Sei's blog to find out more details on this look and the
construction of this hairstyle --> Here!


Kirarin Magica

Kirarin Magica is a Gal I have gotten to watch grow and share a baby gal
journey along side with! I have noticed so many fun different styles she has attempted, but also, I noticed her general gyaru make really come together and suit her so well!

Here is a few recent looks from Kirarin that I just LOVE!

 
I asked Kirari the same; Where does she think shes improved and if she has succeded.

Kirarin told me,
"I ended up getting comfortable with the idea of always be evolving. Its okay to be
satisfied with your current look, but evolving, changing, ad trying a buunch of stuff you never thought would look good on you is the bet way to improve your skills and thoroughly figure out what does look good on you"

I have to say I agree completely! Sometimes you will be shocked and what you
thought you would never wear or could never pull off!

To follow more or Kirarin's journey and new podcast,
please check out her blog! --> Here!

 

Pikupoyo

Semi-recently I saw Pikupoyo dyed her hair like a famour gyaru model, Kanako!
Ive really fell in love with Kanako and noticed her hair immediately and loved it so so
much on her! I feel like Ive also found myself dying my hair like models or
famous gals.

 
I asked Piku what her inspiration was in her new hair style!
Piku told me,
 
" i wanted a hairstyle that would read as gyaru more than my previous one 24/7! As gaijin gyaru we’ll naturally always have a different lifestyle to japanese gals, and as we’re regular people and not magazine models. It can also be harder to keep up with consistent over the top perfected co ordinates. Which is why imo I think little things like hair and nails can really help level up the lifestyle factor aswell as the aesthetic side, especially with hair maintenance. "
 
 
" With my hair and hair colour now making me feel more gal even in casual outfits and being easier to style daily with my personal lifestyle, it’s helped me to be motivated to get dressed up more often!"

"I felt very similar to this after I dyed my hair with chunky low-lights!
Something just made my overall look feel cooler and added some OMFF!


To follow Pikupoyo's journey and amazing inrpisation posts,
make sure to also check out her blog! --> Here!

 

Again these are just a few of the MANY MANY gals I have seen improvement with!
I would love to share so many more but I am trying to keep my blogs
a little brief! You all have seriously been so inspiring!

Lets keep it up and keep motivating each other!

Hope you enjoyed reading!

あげぽよ!




4 comments:

  1. This is a very cute post. I love spreading love for gals out there. I absolutely adore all of the looks you posted here. I'm no pro gal so I can't provide any concrit. Just a huge fangirl! ♥
    ~Kieli♥
    bunnycraftydreamblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me in this 🥰 I really love your second and fourth code in this, those were absolutely stunning!! I hope to see more looks like that from you in the future 😍

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW i love your levelup coords!! Amazing idea <3
    My fav one is the tsuyome one but every look looks perfect on you bb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was so interesting to read! I’ve been following your looks for some time now and it’s always exciting to know what you’re going to do next. And from here I definitely take with me Piku’s advice on hair. That was also what finally made me decide to cut my hair in layers for the first time ever and now I feel more gal even when I’m in home clothes. <3

    ReplyDelete

✩ Popular Posts ✩